Craving apple pie? Try this recipe!
- An apple
- Greek yogurt or Low-fat ice cream
- Wash and cut an apple into slices.
- Cut out the seeds and the core.
- Put the apple slices on a microwave-safe plate and sprinkle with a little bit of cinnamon.
- Put the apple slices in the microwave and “bake” it for 30 seconds.
- Take it out of the microwave after the 30 seconds and put a couple of tsp of either Greek yogurt or low-fat ice cream on top.
I absolutely LOVE this idea!
Recipe for Avocado Fries - Calories 271 per serving
- Canola oil
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 tsp. of kosher salt
- 2 large beaten eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs
- 2 ripe medium avocados (Pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2 inch wedges)
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 and 1/2 inch oil until it registers 375° deep-fry thermometer.
- Mix flour with 1/4 tsp. of salt in a shallow plate. Put the eggs and Panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess; dip in the egg, and then in the panko to coat. Set on a plate in a single layer.
- Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
My workout today: 70 jumping jacks, 200 high knees, 35 minutes of crunches, and I ran up and down the stairs 4 times. Considering this was my first time working out like that, I feel really good! :)